INTERNATIONAL MARITIME DANGEROUS GOODS (IMDG) CODE
- Dangerous Goods training for shore-based personnel have become mandatory since 1 January 2010 by International Maritime Organization – IMO in IMDG Code.
- The IMDG code has undergone a further amendment 37-14 which requires shore-based personnel involved in the handling, packing, transporting, storing, etc. of Dangerous Goods to receive training so as to familiarize with the General Provisions of the IMDG Code. The International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) training is designed for shore-based personnel from Port Operation, Shipping, Freight Forwarding, Logistics, Transportation, Warehousing companies or any other service providers in Vietnam who are engaged in the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Sea.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AND YOU’RE BENEFITS FROM THIS COURSE?
At the end of the course, participants will gain the knowledge and understanding general concepts, principles, guidelines, basic requirements of the of the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code, so as to enable its proper application.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Shipping Liner, Freight Forwarder and Logistics Companies:
- Executives who have to formulate and take charge of DG acceptance policy and practice
- Marketing & Sales who have to deal with DG enquiries' and liaison with DG clients
- Customer Services who have to handle DG enquiries and bookings
- Operatives who have to supervise, monitor and/or handle DG operations
- Documentations who have to deliver proper documentation.
Shippers, Importers and Exporters:
- Shippers, Importers and Exporters who have, or might have DG shipments.
Any others: The course is also suitable for all new entrants and those who wish to know more or refresh their concepts in DG shipments to work at executive, operative, customer service, marketing & sales and documentation staff in shipping business.
Admission Requirement: Able to understand simple English.
Certificate: Completion certificate will be issued to participants who have passed the end of course 1-hour examination and if attendance is over 80%.
- Identify the nine hazard classes and three packing groups
- Identify Proper Shipping Names of dangerous goods
- Pack dangerous goods
- Mark and label a consignment of dangerous goods correctly
- Load/unload Cargo Transport Units
- Use packaging for dangerous goods correctly
- Stow and segregate the incompatible dangerous goods
- Prepare dangerous goods loading/stowage plans
- Complete and check the dangerous goods transport document correctly
- Handle dangerous goods in transport
- Load/unload dangerous goods into/from ships
- Know the regulatory requirements in transporting of dangerous goods in Vietnam
- Enforce or survey or inspect for compliance with applicable rules and regulations; or are otherwise involved in the transport of dangerous goods as determined by the competent authority.
- Introduction to IMDG code
- IMDG Classification
- Dangerous Goods List
- Markings, Labeling and Placarding
- Packaging, Packing Instructions and UN Markings
- Segregation and Stowage
- Shipper's declaration.
Trainer: Experienced trainer who has been conducting DG classes for International Organization or renowned Liner on a world-wide basis.
Medium/Language of Instruction: English (and Vietnamese in case of customer have required) Materials in English but with Vietnamese for assistant.
Venue: In Hồ Chí Minh City: 11th Floor, 39B Trường Sơn, Tân Bình, HCM
Course Fee: 6.000.000 VNĐ/participant
Địa chỉ: Lầu 11 Tòa nhà Hải Âu, 39B Trường Sơn, P.4, Q.Tân Bình, HCM
Tel: (+84) 8 6297 3982
Liên hệ: Ms. Nguyet Huynh
Email: email@example.com HP: 0906197962